Designed and developed originally for British Army’s Gulf campaign in 1991. Vehicles have been supplied to the British Army for operational service in Gulf, Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan to improve bulk fuel and water distribution in very difficult terrain ensuring effective combat support.
20,000 litre capacity Fuel Tanker is equipped for both bulk transport and as a mobile dispensing / refuelling unit, IM02 compliant.
Water tanker versions are lagged and are equipped with a heating system to prevent freezing.
Multidrive patented rear drive/steering system is capable of being fitted to a wide variety of standard tractor units delivering:
- Small 17m diameter turning circle.
- Maximum weight on the driven wheels.
- Improved mobility, positive rear steer with no trailer cut-in on cornering.
- Reduced chassis stresses.
- Improved tyre wear, reduction of scrub.
- Improved gradient safety.
- Increase lateral stability on corners through 20 increase in wheel-track.
- Continuous and wide spread of traction between driven Axles.
Developed from the successful, in-service Multidrive fuel and water tankers, the FFV Tanker represents the results of over 10 years of detailed design, production and support expertise in the Military bulk fluid delivery application in battle condition.
Based on a single vehicle concept for Close Support and Tactical Air Refuelling roles, the FFV features satisfy the increasing demands of military fuel requirements and ensure that fuel is delivered to the battle winning systems thus assisting in the elimination of logistic drag.
Fuel & Water Tankers
- Three generations of multidrive tankers
Left to Right AWD Bedford 8x6 20,000Litre Tanker 1990, Foden 8x6 20,000 Litre Tanker 1999-2000 and 20,000 Future Fuel Vehicle 8x8 with Crew or Sleeper Cab, signature reduction and ballistic protection if required
Future Fuel Vehicle (FFV) 8x8
Designed to meet the militaries criteria for the 21st century
- Logical development
- Benefit of lessons identified, learned and incorporated from prototype and UOR’s to Bosnia and Kosovo
Advanced design featuring
- Durability and serviceability
- Terrainability and agility
- Stealth and armour
- Improved traction
- Envoirnmentally friendlier
- Safety and efficiency
- Payloads of 18,000 litres water, 20,000 litres fuel
- Twin ‘double bubble’ monocoque 2 x 10,000 litre tanks compartmented/baffled to lower the COFG and minimise signature reduction
- Proven on-off highway performance
- Maximises weight on driven wheels
- Excellent turning circle
- Minimises trailer ‘cut- in’
- Reduces tyre scrub