Designed and developed originally for British Army’s Gulf campaign in 1991. Vehicles have been supplied to the British Army for operational service in Gulf, Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan to improve bulk fuel and water distribution in very difficult terrain ensuring effective combat support.
20,000 litre capacity Fuel Tanker is equipped for both bulk transport and as a mobile dispensing / refuelling unit, IM02 compliant.
Water tanker versions are lagged and are equipped with a heating system to prevent freezing.
Multidrive patented rear drive/steering system is capable of being fitted to a wide variety of standard tractor units delivering:
- Small 17m diameter turning circle.
- Maximum weight on the driven wheels.
- Improved mobility, positive rear steer with no trailer cut-in on cornering.
- Reduced chassis stresses.
- Improved tyre wear, reduction of scrub.
- Improved gradient safety.
- Increase lateral stability on corners through 20 increase in wheel-track.
- Continuous and wide spread of traction between driven Axles.
Developed from the successful, in-service Multidrive fuel and water tankers, the FFV Tanker represents the results of over 10 years of detailed design, production and support expertise in the Military bulk fluid delivery application in battle condition.
Based on a single vehicle concept for Close Support and Tactical Air Refuelling roles, the FFV features satisfy the increasing demands of military fuel requirements and ensure that fuel is delivered to the battle winning systems thus assisting in the elimination of logistic drag.