Developed from the successful, in-service Multidrive fuel and water tankers, the FFV Tanker represents the results of over 10 years of detailed design, production and support expertise in the Military bulk fluid delivery application in battle condition.
Based on a single vehicle concept for Close Support and Tactical Air Refuelling roles, the FFV features satisfy the increasing demands of military fuel requirements and ensure that fuel is delivered to the battle winning systems thus assisting in the elimination of logistic drag.
- Improved Mobility
- 10×8 and 8×8 Multidrive patented articulated, rear steer/drive vehicle configuration facilitates an advanced cross-country mobility:
- 10×8 on highway laden
- 8×8 off-highway carrying 22,000 litres
- 8×8 on/off highway configuration carrying 20,000 litres
- Patented regenerative steering
- 17.5m to 18.2m turning circle
- 450HP Caterpillar engine, Allison automatic transmission
- Anti-lop weight distribution system